Gaining international expose on Shoot The Frame is important to many members of our community.
In terms of STF Insights, exposure refers to the amount of times one of your photos has been shown in the grid view of Shoot The Frame. This may be in search results, Daily Feed, Shoot The Frame finalists or winners, or any other grid view. We are referring to this type of exposure below, but we also are talking about ways to increase traffic to your STF Profile.
Below are some tips to help you increase your Exposure on Shoot The Frame:
1. Upload lots of great photos to your profile
Seems pretty simple, but having more great photos on STF will increase your exposure as a member, and will help bring people to your STF Profile. If you only have one or two photos on STF, they will still show up around the product, but it is less likely to be loaded in the results of different grid views.
2. Ensure you add lots of details to you photos
The STF search algorithms are based around the details you have added to your photo when uploading. You can also edit these details at any time.
- Give your photo a catchy title
- Spend plenty of time writing a great story about the photo. The words in your story are placed into our search algorithm so people can find it.
- Give your photo plenty of relevant tags. The tags are place into our search algorithm.
3. Give Critiques to other photos around STF
Being an active part of the STF community will help increase your Exposure. If you are giving helpful feedback to other member and it seems valuable, people will come and check out your profile to see what your work is all about.
4. Comment on other member photos
Similar to critiquing other member photos, commenting on photos is a great way to be an active member of the STF community, and will encourage people to come and check out your profile and see your work.
5. Enter the STF Awards
All STF Awards monthly finalists and winning photos are shown on the home page of Shoot The Frame.
This is one of the magnificent benefits of becoming a STF finalist or winner, your exposure to all of the STF traffic is massively increased. The home screen of STF is the best place to get your work seen by thousands and thousands of people around the globe every month.
You can definitely gain lots of exposure without entering the STF Awards, but this is the most powerful way to get lots of eye balls on your work. 👀 👀
5. Create Photo Essays
Photo Essays enable you to create a series of photos that tell a story. Photo Essays will be shown on your profile, but will also been seen around the platform in (Explore > Photo Essays), and Search results ect… If the Photo Essay is super impressive, there is also a chance it will be ‘Featured’ which will generate even more traffic/exposure to your work.
Take your time when giving the details (Title and Description) of your Photo Essay, all of these words will be added to our search algorithm which will help people find your work.
6. Create Collections
Collections enable you to group photos from around STF. Think Pinterest, but for STF. You can put your photos into Collections, and photos from other STF members. Creating a great Collection and including some of your work is a nice way to encourage STF Members to see your work. If the Collection is super impressive, there is also a chance it will be ‘Featured’ which will generate even more exposure.
Take your time when giving the details (Title and Description) of your Collection, all of these words will be added to our search algorithm which will help people find your work.
7. Share your work outside of STF.
Again, this is a pretty simple one, if you want to increase traffic and exposure to your STF Profile and photos, you should be sharing the links everywhere you can, particularly on social media etc… You can share the following things pretty easily.
- Your STF Profile: (shoottheframe.com/@yourusername)
- Your individual photos: hit the ‘Share‘ button and copy the link. Then paste is on social media, or where-ever you like.
- Your Photo Essays: hit the ‘Share‘ button and copy the link. Then paste is on social media, or where-ever you like.
- Your Collections: hit the ‘Share‘ button and copy the link. Then paste is on social media, or where-ever you like.
- The results of the month STF Awards: (shoottheframe.com)
- Other STF members work: giving a shout out to another member on your social media is great way to build strong reciprocal relationship.